Why Promotional Products?
Updated: Jul 29, 2019
I will be honest, when I first started working at Event-Full Elements I asked this question a lot. I didn't fully understand the hype behind having promotional products, but once I started learning more about them and how much people actually keep them I understood it a lot more!
If you are the same as I used to be, or you want to learn more about the importance of promotional products, keep reading! I'm going to be talking about why they are crucial, and also show you some stats about them.
1. First and foremost- low cost marketing! Promotional products are so cheap and easy to get a hold of for a company, and people love free stuff! Go out to business markets or just hand them out at your company and trust me, the majority of the people will take a free pen, or enter to win a free t-shirt. I can't count the multiple times I have signed up for something because of a chance of getting a free sweater or a swag bag. And not only will the people who have it constantly see it and keep your company on their mind, their friends and family will come into contact and ask, "What company is this?"
2. Instant Brand Recognition. It's all about staying on people's minds, and if they are constantly seeing your promotional products out there they will be more likely to buy something because they recognize it. Not a lot of people will go to a company they have never heard about, so it's all about getting your name and brand out there and staying out there.
3. Greater Exposure for Your Business. Getting a billboard or a commercial is amazing, but how many times are people realistically going to see that? Maybe once a day on their drive to work, or a couple times a week while they watch tv. However, a promotional product is always there; for example, if you give someone a mug or pen, they will use that multiple times a day and maybe even give some away to their friends and family.
4. Works as a Business Card. How great is that? Because you can have your business name, your own name, the slogan, the social media handles, the business email and phone number right at their finger tips, plus you save money on business cards! So not only do they get multiple uses out of their gift from you, but you get more money coming in.
5. Customer Loyalty. Great customer service is when the customer feels appreciated, wanted, and thought of. Promotional products say all of that; to really impress them write down their name, company, favourite products, and when they first started doing business with you and send them a little gift with your promotional products to say, "we appreciate your business." Guaranteed they will keeping coming back even if a mistake is made because that personal touch and connection was made.
Now for some super cool stats!!
-In the US, 8 out of 10 customers have 1-10 promotional products.
-6 out of 10 people kept their promotional products for up to 2 years. 2 years! Of them looking at and getting exposed to your brand.
-85% of people do business with the advertiser after receiving a promotional item.
-31% of the U.S consumers own a promotional bag.
-89% of consumers can recall the advertiser even two years after receiving a promotional product. Again 2 years! Those odds are amazing.
-63% of consumers give away their promotional products when not needed. So even though they may not stay with the actual person you gave it to, someone else that they know will end up with your promotional products in their hands and share it with even more people!
Hopefully now you have a better understanding of your company needs promotional products. If you want to find out more about our company and what we sell, head on over to www.promotionsbyjgroup.com and send us a message about what we can get into your customers hands today.
Talk to you all next time!