Halloween Fun in Calgary 2019
Welcome back everyone!
Thanksgiving weekend just finished, how was everyone's Thanksgiving? Ours was quite lovely! We always are able to spend it with some family friends and it makes it feel that extra special :)
I was waiting until after Thanksgiving to post the Halloween blog post, but if you are a HUGE lover of Halloween like I am, you will love this! It is a round of up family/kid friendly events, and also haunted houses for those more daring! As well as great Halloween classic movies to watch with some friends and family-nothing too scary, just more festive in the Halloween spirit.
But without further ado, here are the events for Halloween in Calgary!
1. Haunted Escape Room- The Curse of Sleepy Hollow: From October 1-November 3, at Lockdown Calgary, you and your team take over Icabod's quest of finding out what is happening to the citizens of Sleepy Hollow.
2. Aspen Crossings Train of Terror: October 4-November 2, this 2 hour experience at Aspen Crossing, is filled with 2 haunts, a 1.5 hour train ride, and food and drinks ready for purchase for you and your friends to enjoy!
3. Adults Only Movie Night- The Thing: On October 18th, social hour starts at 8pm, the movie starts at 9pm, tickets are only $7 (yes you heard right!), there is a cash bar and concession, as well as a raffle draw and prize for the best costume!
4. Grim Manor- Calgary's Premier Haunted Attraction: October 18-November 2, 9 nights and 4 haunted houses, with 3 live music performers and a daredevil show! This is located at Winsports Canada Olympic Park, this festival includes music performances and a daredevil show with a certain someone from America's Got Talent!
5. Granary Roads Annual Pumpkin Festival: October 19 and October 20, there is harvest fun for the whole family at Granary Road! There is a pumpkin hunt, pumpkin decorating, a tractor wagon ride, and more fun! Your admission tickets gets you into all of this, plus the active learning centre, so make sure to bring your little ones to Granary road this upcoming weekend!
6. 17th Ave Spook-tacular: On Saturday October 19th on 17th ave downtown, there will be featuring live music, games, free giveaways, free face painting, ceramic painting and much much more! Make sure to grab your ticket online at eventbrite.ca and check the times because a few activities are time based.
7. Alberta Ballet's Frankenstein: October 23-October 26 the Alberta Ballet's dancers are putting on the classic show made from Artistic Director Jean Grand-Maîtres, just in time for Halloween!
8. Ghoul's Night Out at Heritage Park: October 24-October 27, bring your little ones to enjoy a Halloween night out!
9. Backseat Cinema at the Grand- Shaun of the Dead: If you are a lover of zombies, you should check out the movie night on October 25th at The Grand downtown. Ticket's range from $15-$20, door's open at 8pm and movie starts at 9pm and this event is 18+.
10. A Barracks- BOO-tacular: Fort Calgary is having a family friendly Halloween event for your young ones! There are crafts and museum trick-or-treating for kids ages 4-11, from 4pm-6pm on October 25th.
There are plenty of Halloween parties are other malls for children, and other escape rooms so make sure to check them out! This list is always a list of the most popular events going on, but visitcalgary.ca has all the information for the smaller events if you are interested.
Have a great week everyone (happy reading week to some students!), and we will see you here next time.